Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Creativity at Best

An advertising agency in Uruguay just published an advertisement for the Stop Drinking Association (August 2010). The message is very simple, and the art direction further clarifies the message. The creativity platform makes the message more powerful. Also, the message could probably translate across varying audiences. This ad, in particular, seems to target young adults, which is appropriately designed. I like the fact that although an alcohol bottle isn't present in the picture, it is clear through contextual clues and the exclamation dingbat. I also think that it was a brilliant idea to express the party ending with the girl vomiting the party decor, which ends the party. Drunk vomiting is usually reminiscent of the end of a party, and there really isn't a desire to continue enjoying the party.


I could go on all day about how I think this advertisement was executed well, but I figure I might let someone else speak on it, just to see if anyone else agrees with me.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that this add is extremely effective. Personally, seeing people vomit (esp. cartoons and puppets) grosses me out. Perhaps one of the worst side effects from drinking (and sometimes a really dangerous one) is throwing up-no one wants to be the girl gagging on streamers!!! Definitely attention-grabbing with a clear message-I'm so glad you found this!

    ReplyDelete