And to use what I have learned in both my Words & Images and Typography courses, I have constructed my infographic of just type, which I also thinks provides a great visual interest and topic appropriate. I have played with a few variations of of the infographic, and will post a few of the versions at a later time.
Monday, November 15, 2010
Newfound Interest
Typography! I absolutely love how typography is such a strong element in design. It's so strong that sometimes an image isn't needed or necessary for a design to feel complete. Typography can be unusually arranged to create a visual interest. The abundance and availability of the many typefaces lends for a more creative piece. Although, some typographic pieces can be very overwhelming with the use of too many typefaces. Typography, when used in the more conventional way, such as body copy, headers, subheads, bylines and the like can be fulfilled in a number of interesting ways as well. With the many typeface weights and classifications, a rather simple 300-word article can be transformed, displaying hierarchy and highlighting elements of the text.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment