Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Show & Tell: Infographic

Six Revisions define infographics or information graphics as graphical depictions of data and information. By presenting information in a compact and creative approach, infographics are able to quickly convey knowledge and engage its viewers. One this website I found an very interesting infographic regarding the swine flu epidemic. Although, not being able to read all of the information present, certain elements are evident that are explained in my previous entry Infographics 101. Piggy Trouble expresses color coding in the maps, which serve as the visual element. There appears to be content and knowledge also available as statistics, facts and time frames are shown. Since I liked the way this infographic is laid out, I searched other swine flu infographics and found some that are potentially good, but I wouldn't be interested in viewing because they aren't visually interesting.
Good Example

A Not So Good Example compared to Piggy Trouble

No comments:

Post a Comment