Thursday, November 11, 2010

Show & Tell: A Story to Tell

Packaging with a story to tell is a great marketing tool, I think. Two of my favorite packaging pieces that offer a story are Heinz Ketchup and Taco Bell Sauce packets. These two items are particularly my favorite because the stories/statements presented on the packaging keeps the consumer interactive during the use of the condiment. From personal experience, I believe the packaging is influential on which item a person is more likely to purchase. I know that when I'm in the grocery store, I always purchase Heinz because of their fun labels. And then, sometimes, I'm influenced to buy one Heinz ketchup bottle over another simply because of what phrase is on the label. Taco Bell's packaging is very similar. On each packet, one simple phrase is shown on the packet, either telling a story, asking a question or to make a very simple statement. I know some people that do not care to have sauce, but will ask for it just to see the what stories/statements are told on the packets they receive with their meal.

1 comment:

  1. I love those Heinz ads! Though in my case it would "Instructions: put on everything" haha.

    ReplyDelete