Offensive or Pleasant?
Instinctively, I thought the asterisk was the letter s. However, after reading the advertising agency's explanation, To capture the attention of potential advertisers, we used what at first seems like a bold and potentially off-putting message. Upon closer inspection, it turns out to be a practical call-to-action. I realized that the asterisk is not the letter s, but the letter d instead, encouraging people to use them for advertising purposes.
*Oh! Not to mention the advertising agency is Adams Outdoor Advertising. Each word contains the letter d that is replaced by an asterisk as well.*
That's really clever! I like it! They are really simple, which is nice too. I wonder if people get to figure it out though, would they drive by it too fast to figure out what it's for or do they have enough time to make it a 'd'. Hmm.
ReplyDeleteVery clever, but I don't know that I would be able to make the connection driving by it at 65 mph...
ReplyDelete