Sunday, October 24, 2010
Visual Bang
It's nice to know all I learned throughout middle school studying Visual Arts has resurfaced. In school, I sometimes hear teachers say that in the real world what you learn in school you may never apply to any real life experiences, especially when a job is concerned. The statement, overall, was and still is quite disturbing. Why bother going to school and learning a facts, skills and technology if you may not ever need it? Well, to my surprise, basic visual elements are discussed while reading Picture This by Molly Bang. All of which, to me, is a reminder of what I learned when I was 12. The explanation of color theory, shapes, foreground and background principles, horizontal and vertical elements were all taught to me previously. However, even with having previously knowledge of what was described, I learned new facts. Bang explains how the alteration of characteristics in pictures can conjure certain emotions, thoughts and feelings of the viewer. The explaining of these elements used in different natures, I am able to relate with a better understanding about design of any sort. What elements I choose to include in my designs may influence the viewers perception and interpretation of what the intended meaning should relay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment